Poached Fillet of Sole Mornay (Filet de Sole Mornay) recipe
- 10 fillets of sole each weighing about 3 oz
- 6 3/4 floz fish stock
- 1 pint bechamel
- 3 1/3 floz cream
- 2 egg yolks for sabayon
- 2 1/2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 oz butter
- Butter and season a shallow tray and arrange the prepared fillets in a single layer.
- Add the stock to barely cover the fish, cover with buttered greaseproof paper and poach in the oven at 175°C for 8 minutes.
- Remove and place the fillets in a serving dish, cover and keep them warm.
- Strain the cooking liquor into a shallow pan, add the bechamel and cream and reduce to a coating consistency.
- Add the sabayon away from the heat, then pass through a fine strainer.
- Whisk in the butter a little at a time, then add 50 g of the cheese and season with salt and cayenne.
- Coat the fish evenly with the sauce, sprinkle with the rest of the grated Parmesan, glaze under a salamander grill and serve.
Calories: 214 kcal
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Protein: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 112 mg
Sodium: 1773 mg
Potassium: 201 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 464 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 130 mg
Iron: 1 mg