Marinated Grilled Shark Steaks
- 4 X 1 in 2.5 cm thick shark steaks, trimmed Wedges of lemon
- for the marinade
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 spring onions trimmed and chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 in 2.5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- Dash of hot chilli sauce to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for basting
- It is best to use a food processor or blender to prepare the marinade. Simply place all the ingredients in the bowl and whizz until you have a smooth paste.
- Alternatively, grate the ginger very finely and crush the chopped garlic before adding to the remaining ingredients and mixing well.
- Wash the steaks, pat them dry and smother them with the marinade.
- Leave in a glass or china bowl for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, light the grill and get it good and hot, or prepare the barbecue fire.
- Oil the grill rack, brush one side of each steak with a little olive oil, place this side down on the rack and cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Brush with a little more oil and, using spatulas, turn each steak and cook fora further 2 or 3 minutes by which time the steak should be coloured with bubbling blisters of pale gold.
- Serve immediately with wedges of lemon.
Calories: 501 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 60 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 145 mg
Sodium: 226 mg
Potassium: 505 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 781 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 107 mg
Iron: 3 mg