Keema Curry #2
Keema curry is a spicy mixture of minced beef, onions, garlic, tomatoes and yogurt. Serve with freshly boiled rice and sweet mango chutney for a quickly prepared family supper.
- Vegetable or cooking oil for frying
- 1 medium-sized onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed with 1/2 tsp spoon salt
- 2 tsp spoons ground ginger
- 3/4 kg minced beef
- 1 tbsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 tsp spoon chilli powder
- 6 to matoes skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/4 pint beef stock
- 10 oz natural unsweetened yogurt
- Heat 2 spoons of oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry until golden.
- Stir in the minced beef, garam masala or curry powder and chilli powder and fry until the meat is browned, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, 150 ml (1/4 pint) (1/4 pint) of the stock and half the yogurt and mix well.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the beef is cooked, adding more stock if the mixture becomes dry.
- Taste for seasoning, stir in the remaining yogurt and transfer to a hot serving platter.
Calories: 581 kcal
Carbohydrates: 16 g
Protein: 38 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Trans Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 142 mg
Sodium: 235 mg
Potassium: 1228 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 1738 IU
Vitamin C: 29 mg
Calcium: 159 mg
Iron: 5 mg