Italian Ravioli au Jus
- 2.2 lb noodle pastry
- 1.1 lb filling
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 1/2 oz butter
- 2 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.1 lb jus lie
- salt and milled pepper
- accompaniments you may need these
- Italian Noodle Paste Pâté a Nouilles
- Roll out the pastry into an oblong 80 cm x 40 cm and not more than 2 mm in thickness.
- Cut into two equal parts.
- Place the filling into a piping bag with a 1 cm plain tube and pipe 100 x 5 g pieces 4 cm apart on one of the sheets of pastry.
- Eggwash between each piece of filling and lay the second piece of pastry over the top.
- Press down between the fillings, then cut into rounds with a small fancy round cutter or into squares with a serrated pastry wheel.
- Spread out the ravioli on a tray previously sprinkled with fine semolina and allow to dry for 10 minutes.
- Heat 5 litres water, add the salt and oil and, when simmering, place in the ravioli.
- Gently move the ravioli around while cooking to prevent them from sticking and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan but do not let it colour; add the crushed garlic and cook for a few moments in order to flavour the butter, then remove it.
- Add the drained ravioli and gently toss without breaking them up and season with salt and black pepper from the mill.
- Place a little of the jus lie in the bottom of a suitable shallow dish, add the ravioli then mask with the remainder of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese and melted butter and gratin-ate under a salamander grill.
Calories: 573 kcal
Carbohydrates: 89 g
Protein: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 26 mg
Sodium: 751 mg
Potassium: 349 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 309 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 94 mg
Iron: 2 mg