- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz risotto rice
- 1 1/4 pints hot vegetable stock
- 12 oz mixed green vegetables such as asparagus, thin green beans, mangetout (snow peas), courgettes (zucchini), broccoli florets, frozen peas
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 oz fresh Parmesan cheese shaved thinly
- salt and pepper
- Place the onion and oil in a large bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until thoroughly coated in the oil. Pour in about 75 ml/ 3 fl oz (1/3 cup) of the hot stock. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed. Pour in another 75 ml (3 fl oz) 1/3 cup of the stock and cook, uncovered, on HIGH power for 2 minutes. Repeat once more.
- Chop or slice the vegetables into even-sized pieces. Stir into the rice
- with the remaining stock. Cover and cook on HIGH power for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is just tender.
- Stir in the parsley and season generously. Leave to stand, covered, for almost 5 minutes. The rice should be tender and creamy.
- Scatter the Parmesan cheese over the risotto before serving.
Calories: 394 kcal
Carbohydrates: 61 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Sodium: 861 mg
Potassium: 288 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 4913 IU
Vitamin C: 14 mg
Calcium: 200 mg
Iron: 4 mg