Neapolitan Layered Cheesecake
This Neapolitan Layered Cheesecake Recipe is a true showstopper and it's the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 oz caster sugar superfine granulated
- 3 1/2 oz chocolate-covered
- digestive biscuits finely crushed
for the filling
- 12 oz full fat soft cheese
- 3 eggs separated
- 6 oz sugar
- 6 1/2 floz double or whipping cream
- 1 oz powdered gelatine
- 8 tbsp water
- vanilla essence
- green food colouring
- peppermint essence
- cochineal raspberry essence
for the topping
- 5 floz double or whipping cream whipped
- hundreds and thousands or small jelly sweets
- Melt the butter or margarine and sugar in a saucepan over a gentle heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs.
- Press evenly over the bottom of a greased loose-bottomed 18-20 cm/7-8 inch round cake tin. Chill.
- Soften the cheese in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the egg yolks, 50 g/2 oz of the caster sugar and the cream.
- Put the gelatine and water into a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of hot water and stir until the gelatine has dissolved. Beat the gelatine into the cheese mixture.
- Divide the cheese mixture into three equal portions, putting each one into a separate bowl.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence to one portion; add a few drops of green food colouring and peppermint essence to the second portion; and add a few drops of cochineal and raspberry essence to the third portion.
- Leave on one side until the mixtures are on the point of setting.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then whisk in the remaining caster sugar.
- Fold one-third of the egg whites into each portion of the cheese mixture.
- Spoon the pink mixture into the prepared tin and shake the tin to level the surface.
- Spoon the vanilla mixture carefully over the top and level it with the back of the spoon.
- Finally spoon the green mixture over the vanilla one and level it with the back of the spoon.
- Chill for 3-4 hours or until the filling is set.
- Carefully release the sides of the tin from the cheesecake and lift the cheesecake out on the tin base.
- Decorate with the cream, piped on top, and hundreds and thousands or jelly sweets.
Calories: 536 kcal
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 23 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 182 mg
Sodium: 239 mg
Potassium: 180 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 37 g
Vitamin A: 1471 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 94 mg
Iron: 1 mg