Plain and simple gnocchi with tomatoes
Learn how to make a delicious Italian dish - plain and simple gnocchi with tomatoes, garlic, and basil.
- 1 lb can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons medium dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 8 oz fresh gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the tomatoes in a medium saucepan with the wine, garlic, sugar, tomato puree and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for I 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the gnocchi.
- They cook very quickly in about 2-3 minutes. When they rise to the top of the water, they are done.
- Drain the gnocchi well and add them to the tomato sauce. Scatter over the basil and serve.
Calories: 251 kcal
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 714 mg
Potassium: 519 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 453 IU
Vitamin C: 24 mg
Calcium: 103 mg
Iron: 7 mg