Fish in a Light Coconut Milk Curry
- 1.1 lb Fish pomfret / seer / black pomfret, sliced
- 7 oz Coconut nariyal, grated
- 8 floz Warm water
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 1 tsp Cumin jeera seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander dhaniya seeds
- 1 tsp Uncooked rice washed
- 6 cloves Garlic (lasan), chopped
- 1/2 Onion small, chopped
- 1 chopped + 2 slit Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion medium-sized, finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar sirka
- Wash the fish, apply 1 tsp salt and keep aside.
- Grind the coconut with 1/2 cup warm water, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, uncooked rice, garlic, onion, and 1 chopped green chilli to extract thick, spicy coconut milk.
- Grind the coconut again with 1 cup warm water to extract thin, spicy coconut milk. Keep separate.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add the onion and saute for 3 minutes till soft.
- Add the thin coconut milk, salt, and sugar; cook, partially covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and slit green chillies and cook for 5 minutes till done. Shake the pan to mix. Do not stir.
- Add the vinegar and thick coconut milk and cook on low heat for 2 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Do not let the mixture boil. Adjust seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Calories: 251 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Protein: 17 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 36 mg
Sodium: 106 mg
Potassium: 525 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 43 IU
Vitamin C: 7 mg
Calcium: 35 mg
Iron: 2 mg