Rasmalai (Cottage cheese patties in sweetened milk)
- 1.1 lb Soft cottage cheese cherwa
- 2 tsp Semolina suji
- 4.4 lb Sugar
- 32 floz Water
- 96 floz Milk
- 1 tbsp Pistachios pista, slivered
- 2 tsp Green cardamom choti elaichi powder
- Knead the cottage cheese with the semolina well, till it is light and fluffy. Divide and shape into small, round lemon-sized balls.
- Make a thick sugar syrup with water. Keep aside.
- Flatten the balls to make patties and then poach them in the thick syrup for 15 minutes.
- Bring the milk to the boil and cook until it is reduced to three-quarters of the original quantity (about 20 minutes). Add the remaining sugar and green cardamom powder. Stir till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the poached patties into the hot milk. Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve chilled, garnished with pistachios.
Calories: 1254 kcal
Carbohydrates: 270 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 46 mg
Sodium: 388 mg
Potassium: 556 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 269 g
Vitamin A: 666 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 462 mg
Iron: 1 mg