Fish in coconut curry (Caril de Peixe)
- 9 oz Fish pomfret / seer / black pomfrct, sliced
for the spice paste:
- 8 Kashmiri chillies sookhi lal mirch
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander dhaniya seeds
- 3/4 tsp Cumin jeera seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 5 oz Coconut nariyal, grated
- 4 cloves Garlic lasan, minced
- 1 oz Tamarind imli, walnut-sized ball, cleaned
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion small, sliced
- 16 floz Water
- 2 Green chillies slit
- 6 Curry leaves kadhi patta
- Salt to taste
- a pinch Sugar
- Apply 1/2 tsp salt to the fish. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Wash and pat dry.
- For the spice paste, grind all the ingredients together with 1/2 cup water to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan; saute onion for a few minutes. Add the ground spice paste and saute for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the water, green chillies, and curry leaves. Bring the mixture to the boil, lower heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, sugar, and fish. Cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Adjust seasoning.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Calories: 255 kcal
Carbohydrates: 19 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 80 mg
Potassium: 418 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 739 IU
Vitamin C: 133 mg
Calcium: 141 mg
Iron: 2 mg