Poached Halibut Steak with Saffron Rice (Plov)
This Halibut Steak with Saffron Rice recipe is a sophisticated and indulgent dinner for two.
- halibut steaks
- diced onion
- diced carrot
- diced parsnip
- peppercorns bayleaf and salt
- crushed fennel seeds
- grated zest of lemon
- Poach halibut steaks in water with diced onion, carrot and parsnip, peppercorns, bayleaf and salt for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a buttered earthenware dish, sprinkle with chopped onion, chopped dill, crushed fennel seeds and a little saffron or turmeric, moisten with cream and steam for 10 minutes.
- Make a risotto with the fish cooking liquor with the addition of a little saffron.
- Serve the fish accompanied by the rice, sprinkled with grated zest of lemon.