Curried Chicken et Corn Soup
Tender cooked chicken strips and baby corn cobs are the main flavours in this delicious clear soup, with just a hint of ginger.
- 6 oz can sweetcorn corn, drained
- 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
- 12 oz cooked lean chicken, cut into strips
- 16 baby corn cobs
- 1 tsp Chinese curry powder
- 1 - cm 1/2 inch piece fresh root ginger (ginger root), grated
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- Place the canned sweetcorn (corn) in a food processor, together with 150 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup of the chicken stock and process until the mixture forms a smooth puree.
- Pass the sweetcorn puree through a fine sieve (strainer), pressing with the back of a spoon to remove any husks.
- Pour the remaining chicken stock into a large saucepan and add the strips of cooked chicken. Stir in the sweetcorn (corn) puree.
- Add the baby corn cobs and bring the soup to the boil. Boil the soup for 10 minutes.
- Add the Chinese curry powder, grated fresh root ginger and light soy sauce and stir well to combine. Cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes.
- Stir the chopped chives into the soup.
- Transfer the curried chicken and corn soup to warm soup bowls and serve immediately.
Calories: 225 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 112 mg
Sodium: 1490 mg
Potassium: 529 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 477 IU
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Calcium: 61 mg
Iron: 1 mg