Curried Chicken Salad
This quantity of curry paste will give a mild flavoured dressing for this salad. Increase the quantity a little at a time, tasting as you add the curry paste, if you prefer a hotter flavour.
- 1 lb boneless cooked chicken skinned and cut into 10 cm/4 inch strips
- 1/4 pint thick bottled mayonnaise
- 5 oz natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
- 2 dessert apples
- 4 celery stalks chopped
- 4 spring onions or 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 oz green grapes halved and deseeded
- 3 oz shelled walnuts coarsely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small lettuce shredded
- In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and yoghurt. Mix the curry paste with the juice of half a lemon and fold into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Core and slice but do not peel the apples and mix them into the mayonnaise mixture with the celery, onions, grapes and walnuts.
- Add the chicken strips to the mixture turning them to coat evenly with the mayonnaise. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary, and add more lemon juice if liked.
- Arrange the lettuce in individual dishes. Pile the salad on top and serve at once.
Calories: 699 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 102 mg
Sodium: 304 mg
Potassium: 762 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 20 g
Vitamin A: 1297 IU
Vitamin C: 17 mg
Calcium: 124 mg
Iron: 3 mg