Cream of Potato Soup with Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
- 8 oz potatoes peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 lb brussels sprouts or sprout tops chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 oz butter
- 32 floz stock
- 10 floz milk
- Good pinch ground nutmeg
- Good pinch mustard powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashers streaky bacon grilled until crisp
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or spring onion
- 2 oz grated cheese
- Put all ingredients except bacon, chives and cheese into a large saucepan and bring slowly to just below boiling point, cover and allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and liquidise or rub through a sieve.
- Return to heat and bring back to a simmer.
- Serve topped with crumbled pieces of bacon, chopped chives and grated cheese.
Calories: 270 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 49 mg
Sodium: 731 mg
Potassium: 556 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 1417 IU
Vitamin C: 79 mg
Calcium: 141 mg
Iron: 2 mg