Christmas Turkey Baguettes
Looking for a tasty dish to serve during the Christmas feast? Why not try these festive turkey baguettes.
- 4 petit pain partly baked bread rolls or 1 French stick
- 7 oz tub soft cream cheese
- 6 oz cooked turkey thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp walnut halves roughly chopped
- a few seedless black or white grapes halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a few sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Bake the bread rolls following instructions on the pack.
- While the bread rolls are still hot, cut almost in half horizontally using a sharp knife.
- Spread both sides of the bread rolls generously with the cream cheese.
- Fill the bread rolls with the slices of turkey. Sprinkle with walnuts, then add the grapes. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately garnished with sprigs of parsley.
- Use fully cooked bread rolls if preferred, warming through in a moderate oven.
- Half fat cream cheese also works well in this recipe.
- Leftover turkey from Christmas dinner can be used in this recipe, although you could also use ready sliced, or wafer thin turkey.
Calories: 231 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Sodium: 198 mg
Potassium: 147 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 684 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Iron: 1 mg