The perfect Christmas treat for kids and adults alike. Quick and easy to prepare, these muffins are a true family tradition.
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour sifted
- 3 1/2 tbsp caster sugar superfine granulated
- 25 g dried cranberries
- 50 g pecan nuts chopped
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Christmas spice
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 meduim egg beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbls spoon icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp brandy or orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 200°C,400°F; gas mark 6.
- for the muffins
- Line a muffin tin with 6 paper muffin cases.
- In a bowl mix the first seven ingredients together.
- In a jug mix together the butter, egg and milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dried ingredients and pour in the milk mixture, beat the mixture well to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove and leave to cool on a cooling tray, then dust with the icing sugar.
- for the butter cream
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then add the brandy or orange juice.
- Serve the muffins with the butter cream.
Calories: 436 kcal
Carbohydrates: 54 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 69 mg
Sodium: 327 mg
Potassium: 126 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 28 g
Vitamin A: 557 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 124 mg
Iron: 2 mg