Christmas Spice Cranberry Cookies
These festive cookies are made with dried cranberries, walnut pieces, and raisins, which is the perfect complement to the traditional Christmas spice.
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 oz unrefined light soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- 1 3/4 oz raisins
- 1 3/4 oz dried cranberries
- 2 walnut pieces
- 3/4 lb plain flour All purpose, sifted
- 3 tsp spoon Christmas spice
- 1 tsp spoon Bicarbonate of soda Baking soda
- 1 tsp spoon salt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp spoon spice
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, gas mark 5.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy with an electric whisk then add the eggs gradually. Stir in the remaining ingredients to make a dough.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls and place, well spaced apart, on a lightly greased baking tray, flattening each biscuit slightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes - the longer the biscuits are baked the more crunchy they will be. Remove from the tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, combine the icing sugar and Christmas spice and dredge the cookies.
Calories: 3433 kcal
Carbohydrates: 583 g
Protein: 50 g
Saturated Fat: 61 g
Trans Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 568 mg
Sodium: 3648 mg
Potassium: 1324 mg
Fiber: 17 g
Sugar: 269 g
Vitamin A: 3307 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 379 mg
Iron: 21 mg