Whether you're looking for a classic, great-tasting sugar cookie or a decadent red velvet cookie, Sweetheart Cookies are perfect for any occasion.
- 4 oz butter
- 4 oz sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee essence
- 1 egg
- 0 oz plain flour
for the decoration
- 4 oz icing sugar sieved
- 2 tbsp warm water
- a few drops of red food colouring
- pink and cream ribbons 1/2 inch wide
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Stir in the coffee essence and egg, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the flour and turn the mixture onto a board dusted with icing sugar.
- Knead gently and roll out to 6mm (1/4 in) thickness and cut into heart shapes.
- Cut a smaller heart shape in the centre for the ribbon.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for approximately 15 minutes at 180°C (350°F) Gas 4 and leave to cool.
- Put the decoration ingredients into a bowl and mix until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag with a fine plain nozzle and pipe around the edges of the cookies and round the shape in the centre.
- Allow to dry and thread the ribbons through the cookies and tie.
Calories: 183 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Sodium: 88 mg
Potassium: 13 mg
Sugar: 23 g
Vitamin A: 307 IU
Calcium: 6 mg
Iron: 1 mg