This highly nutritious, elegant pate is low in fat and very quick to prepare.
- 8 oz canned red or pink salmon drained
- 5 oz cup low fat curd cheese
- Few drops lemon juice
- Pinch ground mace or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsps 1 % fat fromage frais or low fat natural yogurt
- 4 small pickles
- Remove any bones and skin from the salmon. In a bowl, work the fish into a smooth paste with the back of a spoon.
- Beat the curd cheese until it is smooth.
- Add the salmon, lemon juice, seasonings, and fromage frais or natural yogurt to the curd cheese and mix well, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the mixture equally between 4 individual custard cups. Smooth the surfaces carefully.
- Slice each pickle lengthways, 4 or 5 times, making sure that you do not cut completely through the gherkin at the narrow end. Splay the cut ends into a fan, and use these to decorate the tops of the pates in the custard cups.
Calories: 240 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 22 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Cholesterol: 71 mg
Sodium: 875 mg
Potassium: 343 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 157 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 318 mg
Iron: 1 mg