A recipe for a quick, easy, and healthy dish featuring roasted peppers and chicken.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp wholemeal whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 each large red yellow and green (bell) peppers, sliced thinly
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- salt and pepper fresh oregano to garnish
- crusty wholemeal whole wheat bread, to serve
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs and toss in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a wide frying pan (skillet) and fry the chicken quickly until sealed and lightly browned, then remove from the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and gently fry until soft. Add the garlic, (bell) peppers, tomatoes and oregano, then bring to the boil, stirring.
- Arrange the chicken over the vegetables, season well with salt and
- pepper, then cover the pan tightly and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with oregano and serve with crusty wholemeal (whole wheat) bread.
- For extra flavour, halve the (bell) peppers and grill (broil) under a preheated grill (broiler) until the skins are charred. Leave to cool then remove the skins and seeds. Slice the (bell) peppers thinly and use in the recipe.
Calories: 384 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 46 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 215 mg
Sodium: 346 mg
Potassium: 875 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 1124 IU
Vitamin C: 50 mg
Calcium: 82 mg
Iron: 4 mg