Chicken Breasts with Ham and Cheese (Polla Alla Bolognese)
- 4 Chicken breasts skinned and boned
- 1 oz Seasoned flour flour with salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz Butter
- 8 slices Smoked ham thinly sliced and cut a little smaller than the chicken
- 2 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- Cut each chicken breast in half, crosswise. Place each piece between greaseproof or waxed paper and pound with a mallet to flatten.
- Remove from the paper and coat with the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess.
- Melt half the butter in a large frying-pan. Add the chicken pieces and fry for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they are lightly and evenly browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat.
- Place a slice of ham on each chicken piece and sprinkle over about one-quarter of the grated cheese. Pour over the melted butter. Return the frying-pan to moderate heat, cover and cook the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken mixture to a warmed serving dish and serve at once, with the remaining cheese.
Calories: 478 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 61 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 205 mg
Sodium: 1427 mg
Potassium: 965 mg
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 533 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 187 mg
Iron: 4 mg