Veal Medallions with Sorrel
- 4 veal medallions rounds cut from the tenderloin, each weighing about 4 oz
- 4 oz tender young sorrel leaves
- 2 oz butter
- salt and freshly milled white pepper
- 1/4 pint low fat natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash and wipe the medallions and tie them round with cooking twine to retain their shape.
- Wash the sorrel thoroughly in lukewarm water, shake dry in a teatowel and cut it into strips.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the veal for 4 minutes each side, until golden brown. Season to taste. Remove the medallions from the pan and keep them hot on a warm plate.
- Stir the yogurt into the cooking juices, add the sorrel and heat for about 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Season the sauce with the lemon juice, sugar and, if necessary, a little salt.
- Warm the medallions through in the sauce without allowing it to boil.
Calories: 295 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 125 mg
Sodium: 216 mg
Potassium: 432 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 1050 IU
Vitamin C: 15 mg
Calcium: 75 mg
Iron: 2 mg