Arroz com Coco (Coconut pulao)
- 7 oz Rice long-grained, washed
- 7 oz Coconut nariyal, grated
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Onion medium-sized, finely sliced
- 4 Cloves hung
- 2 Cinnamon dalchini, 1 inch sticks
- 2 Green cardamom choti elaichi
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Onion medium-sized, thinly sliced, fried
- 10 Cashew nuts kaju, fried
- 1 tbsp Raisins kishmish, fried
- Blend the coconut with 2 cups of warm water to extract 2 cups of coconut milk. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan; saute the onion, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and green cardamom for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add turmeric powder, sugar, salt, and coconut milk. Stir well. Bring the mixture to the boil. Lower heat and simmer till the rice is cooked.
- Serve garnished with fried onion, cashew nuts, and raisins.
Calories: 607 kcal
Carbohydrates: 79 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 23 g
Cholesterol: 13 mg
Sodium: 1186 mg
Potassium: 553 mg
Fiber: 11 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 665 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 80 mg
Iron: 3 mg