Whisked Lemon Milk Jelly
- 1 packet of lemon jelly
- 1/4 pint boiling water
- grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 14 oz can Evaporated Milk chilled
- orange or lemon slices and grated orange or lemon rind
- Dissolve the jelly in the boiling water and stir in the lemon rind and juice. Leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the Milk ideally with an electric hand whisk until doubled in volume, then gradually whisk in the cooled jelly.
- Transfer to a jug and pour into 4 tall glasses. Chill until set.
- To serve, decorate with the orange and lemon rind.
- NOTE: For a special occasion whisk in a 200 g (7 oz) carton of creme fraiche when adding the cooled jelly.
- VARIATIONS: This recipe can be adapted to use a variety of flavours. Simply substitute the packet of lemon jelly with your favourite fruit jelly, omit the lemon rind and decorate with your chosen fruit.
Calories: 142 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Cholesterol: 29 mg
Sodium: 107 mg
Potassium: 338 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 243 IU
Vitamin C: 16 mg
Calcium: 267 mg
Iron: 1 mg