Tipsy Chocolate Heart
This Tipsy Chocolate Heart recipe is a great option for Valentine's Day dessert. It's easy to make with a few ingredients, and it is really decadent. Decorate it with chocolate and cherries before serving.
- 2 oz plain chocolate
- 1/2 pint thick custard
- 4 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 7 oz packet chocolate chip and nut cookies
- 1/4 pint fresh double cream (heavy cream) whipped
- chocolate and cherries to decorate
- accompaniments you may need these
- Cup Custard Coating custard
- Melt the chocolate in a small basin over a saucepan of hot water. Beat in the custard. Chill in a refrigerator.
- Pour sherry into a saucer. Dip both sides of the biscuits into the sherry.
- Sandwich 4 biscuits together with the chocolate custard, repeat to form 5 upright piles of sandwiches.
- Arrange the biscuits in a heart shape on a serving plate and pour over the remaining sherry. Cover with foil and chill for 2 hours.
- Fold the cream into the remaining custard and spread over the biscuit heart.
- Decorate with chocolate and cherries before serving.
Calories: 254 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Sodium: 48 mg
Potassium: 131 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 16 g
Vitamin A: 362 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 71 mg
Iron: 1 mg