Mini Chocolate and Cherry Puddings
These mini chocolate and cherry puddings can be made in individual ramekins or a large dish, and they're perfect for dessert or snacks.
- 4 oz unsalted butter melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 4 oz Bournville chocolate chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz golden caster sugar
- 2 oz self-raising flour sifted
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder sifted
- 3 oz hazelnuts chopped and toasted, plus extra to decorate
- 3 oz morello cherries drained, plus extra to decorate
for the chocolate sauce
- 3 oz Bournville chocolate
- 2 tbsp Kirsch or brandy plus extra for drizzling, optional
- 5 3/4 floz carton double cream plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan oven/Gas Mark 4. Grease and baseline eight 150 ml (5 fl oz) dariole moulds.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water to melt. Stir until smooth, then leave to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until they are pale and light and have doubled in volume.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa and melted butter, then stir in the melted chocolate, hazelnuts and cherries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared moulds and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cover with foil during cooking, if they brown too quickly.
- To make the sauce, put the chocolate, Kirsch, and cream in a pan and heat gently until smooth.
- Turn out the puddings and spoon 1 teaspoon of Kirsch over each, if using. Spoon over the sauce and decorate with the extra cherries and hazelnuts. Serve with a little double cream.
Calories: 496 kcal
Carbohydrates: 39 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 18 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 141 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
Potassium: 235 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 29 g
Vitamin A: 795 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 51 mg
Iron: 2 mg