Stuffed Marrow (Courge Farcie Braisée)
- 4 1/2 lb 2 large marrow
- 1.1 lb rice pilaff
- 17 floz thin jus lie or demi-glace
- Peel, cut off the stalks and hollow out the marrows with a spoon and stuff with the rice pilaff.
- Place into a pan and add the sauce.
- Cover with buttered greaseproof paper and the lid and bring to the boil.
- Braise in the oven at 175°C for 45 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Remove the marrow from the liquid and allow to stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Boil, skim and strain the cooking liquid and thicken with a few knobs of butter.
- Cut the marrow into 2 cm slices and serve in a dish, slightly overlapping and surrounded with the sauce.
- Instead of stuffing whole marrows they may be cut in half lengthways and filled with stuffing.
- Additional ingredients such as sliced mushrooms and diced tomato flesh may be added to the rice.
Calories: 608 kcal
Carbohydrates: 53 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 1008 mg
Potassium: 57 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 88 IU
Calcium: 14 mg
Iron: 4 mg