Braised Endive in Gravy (Endive Braisée au Jus)
- 10 endives each weighing about 3 1/2 oz
- 2 juice of lemons
- 2 oz butter
- salt and pepper
- jus lie
- Remove any discoloured leaves and wash the endives.
- Butter and season a shallow pan.
- Place in the endives and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Cover with buttered greaseproof paper and the lid.
- Place in the oven at 175°C and braise for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the liquid and place on a board. Cut in two lengthways and fold the top half underneath to form a triangular shape.
- Arrange in a vegetable dish and serve coated with jus lie.
Calories: 147 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 30 mg
Sodium: 106 mg
Potassium: 542 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 427 IU
Vitamin C: 13 mg
Calcium: 51 mg
Iron: 1 mg