Crumb Crust Pastry
Crumb crust Pastry is used for the base of cheesecakes, chilled tarts, ice-cream tarts and chilled chiffon mixtures.Remember, Pastry is only as good as the flour you use. Don't buy cheap flour.
- 6 oz biscuit crumbs ie. digestive
- 75 g butter or margarine melted
- 1 - 2 tbsp sugar or to taste
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process for 20 - 30 seconds until fine crumbs form. Alternatively, place them in a heavy-duty freezer bag and press into fine crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a bowl and stir in the melted butter or margarine and sugar.
- Pour into a flan tin and press crumbs on to the bottom and up the side of the flan tin or pie plate.
- Chill, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) gas mark 5.
- Bake the crust for 6 - 8 minutes until set.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. It must be completely cool before filling.
Calories: 349 kcal
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Sodium: 337 mg
Potassium: 62 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 22 g
Vitamin A: 469 IU
Calcium: 15 mg
Iron: 2 mg