Special Vegetable Fried Rice
- 9 oz long-grain rice
- Fry Light for spraying
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 red pepper cored, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 spring onions trimmed and cut into diagonal slices
- 1 carrot peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 1/2 oz mangetout thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 oz shelled peas
- 7 oz can sliced water chestnuts drained
- 10 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice in boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain, cool and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with Fry Light. When hot, pour in the beaten eggs. Lower the heat and cook gently for 8 - 10 minutes until the base is browned, flip over and cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside. When cool, cut into thin strips.
- Put the red pepper, spring onions, carrot, mangetout, peas, water chestnuts and mushrooms in the frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 4 - 5 minutes over a medium-high heat.
- Add the cooked rice and chilli powder, and stir-fry for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the egg strips and heat through. Stir in the soya sauce and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- This tasty dish is an ideal way to use up leftover cold cooked rice.
Calories: 326 kcal
Carbohydrates: 62 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 82 mg
Sodium: 565 mg
Potassium: 557 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 4465 IU
Vitamin C: 73 mg
Calcium: 78 mg
Iron: 3 mg