Sesame Noodles with Spring Onions
If you can't find Chinese sesame paste, then use either tahini paste or smooth peanut butter instead.
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Chinese sesame paste
- 1 tbsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of five-spice powder
- 12 oz soba or buckwheat noodles
- 4 spring onions finely sliced diagonally
- 2 oz beansprouts
- 7.5 cm 3 in piece of cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- toasted sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Process the garlic, sesame paste, oil, soy sauce, rice wine, honey and five-spice powder with a pinch each of salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water until just tender, following the directions on the packet.
- Drain the noodles immediately and tip them into a bowl.
- Toss the hot noodles with the dressing and the spring onions. Top with the beansprouts, cucumber and
- sesame seeds and serve.
Calories: 433 kcal
Carbohydrates: 73 g
Protein: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 514 mg
Potassium: 308 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 128 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 44 mg
Iron: 2 mg