Goat's Cheese and Red Onion Crostini
This red onion and goat's cheese crostini recipe makes a light and delicious starter.
- 1 red onion about 11 oz total weight, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 8 ciabatta bread slices
- 2 garlic cloves halved
- 3 oz soft goat's cheese chopped
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Put the onion on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and grill for 5 minutes or until soft and just beginning to char.
- Lightly toast the ciabatta slices, then rub both sides of the toast with the cut side of the garlic halves and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Spread the goat's cheese on each crostini; top with onion and black pepper. Drizzle with oil and garnish with thyme to serve.
Calories: 194 kcal
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 315 mg
Potassium: 26 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 110 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 19 mg
Iron: 1 mg