Caramelised Lemon Tart
- 6 1/2 oz plain flour All purpose
- 4 1/2 oz butter melted
- 1/4 cup icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 4 oz caster sugar superfine granulated
- 3 medium size eggs
- 5 1/3 oz carton double cream heavy cream
- grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- lemon slices icing sugar (confectioners sugar) and shredded lime, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
- Mix together the flour, butter, icing sugar and water. Press the soft dough into the base and up the sides of a 20 cm fluted flan ring.
- Pierce the base several times and bake blind on a baking tray for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the pastry case and reduce the oven temperature to 150°C (300°F) Gas Mark 2.
- Place the caster sugar, eggs, cream and lemon rind and juice into a bowl. Whisk together until blended, then carefully pour into the cooked pastry case. Return to the oven and cook for a further 35-40 minutes, until set.
- Arrange lemon slices on top, sprinkle generously with icing sugar and place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with grated lime rind and serve with cream.
Calories: 486 kcal
Carbohydrates: 52 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 162 mg
Sodium: 194 mg
Potassium: 137 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 25 g
Vitamin A: 1028 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 48 mg
Iron: 2 mg