Potato and Cheese Turnovers
- 3 medium potatoes peeled and boiled
- 2 cups oatmeal flour
- Water boiling and salted
- Salt to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp chives chopped
- 10 floz milk
- 1 small onion
- Cream or yogurt to serve
- Put the flour into a basin and slowly add sufficient boiling, salted water to form a firm dough.
- Knead well for several minutes and with floured hands, shape into a large roll about 4 cm (1 1/2 in) thick.
- Cut into pieces about 2.5cm (l in) in length and roll out flat.
- Sprinkle with a little flour and leave while you make the filling.
- Rub the cooked potato through a sieve. Add the salt, cream cheese, chopped chives and milk.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the potato mixture.
- Combine all thoroughly. Place a spoonful of the potato on each flat piece of dough.
- Moisten the edges of the dough, then fold over and press the edges together to seal.
- Cook the turnovers in deep hot fat until golden.
- Serve hot with a side dish of cream or yogurt.
Calories: 615 kcal
Carbohydrates: 76 g
Protein: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Cholesterol: 70 mg
Sodium: 236 mg
Potassium: 1112 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 896 IU
Vitamin C: 34 mg
Calcium: 198 mg
Iron: 4 mg