Plum Frangipani Tart (Gluten free)
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 1 heaped tablespoon of icing confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 oz rice flour
- 2 1/2 oz millet flour
- 2 1/2 oz maize flour
- 5 oz Dairy free margarine
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 1/2 oz caster superfine sugar
- 2 1/2 oz Dairy free margarine
- 2 oz rice flour
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 5 oz ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon of orange flower water
- 1/2 teaspoon of almond essence
for the topping
- 32 oz of fresh ripe plums halved and stones (pits) removed
for the glaze
- 3 tablespoons of runny plum or apricot jam jelly
- 2 tablespoons of Amaretto di Saronno liqueur
- 25 cm 10 inch loose-bottomed,fluted flan tin, greased and floured Baking parchment (wax paper)
- Ceramic baking beans
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) Gas mark 5
- first make the pastry. mix all the ingredients briefly in a food processor until it comes together into a ball.
- Scrape out. Wrap in clingfilm (plastic wrap) and chill for 30 minutes.
- Then roll out the pastry to fit the flan tin. Cover with baking parchment (wax paper) and ceramic beans and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and paper.
- For the frangipane cream, mix all the ingredients briefly in a food processor until they are thick but not stiff.
- Add more orange water if necessary.
- Cook the plums with a little water in a covered pan over a medium heat until a little softer and carefully drain off the juices.
- Fill the cooked pastry shell with the frangipane cream and smooth over the top.
- Lay the plums, cut side down over the cream, starting around the edge and working into the middle.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Warm the jam (jelly) and Amaretto together and brush all over the tart.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 656 kcal
Carbohydrates: 68 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 87 mg
Sodium: 257 mg
Potassium: 354 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 25 g
Vitamin A: 2019 IU
Vitamin C: 15 mg
Calcium: 93 mg
Iron: 2 mg