Gluten Free Sweet Pepper Tart
This recipe is Gluten free, Wheat free and Dairy free.
- 4 large red peppers cored and seeded
- Olive oil
- 1 plump clove of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon of marjoram leaves
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 8 floz soya cream
- 6 large free-range egg yolks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A little caster superfine sugar
- A few drops of Gluten free chilli sauce/oil
- Pre-baked WF/DF shortcrust pastry case made in a 24 cm (10 inch) non-stick, loose-bottomed fluted flan tin
- Cayenne pepper
- 5 oz lamb's lettuce mache
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) Gas mark 6
- Brush the peppers with olive oil and grill (broil) until charred and blistered.
- Leave to cool and then peel off the skin with a sharp knife and discard.
- Chop up the peppers, then cook them in a tablespoon of oil with the garlic and marjoram for 2 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool a little.
- Put the cream, eggs and cooled peppers in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper, sugar and chilli sauce/oil and blend again.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pastry case.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper and bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm with a little lamb's lettuce (mache) sprinkled with olive oil and black pepper around each piece.
Calories: 225 kcal
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 249 mg
Sodium: 28 mg
Potassium: 328 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 5000 IU
Vitamin C: 111 mg
Calcium: 65 mg
Iron: 1 mg