Cherry Roll Ups
Flavorful and delicious, Cherry Roll Ups are perfect for parties, picnics, or just anytime you're craving something sweet!
- 1/4 pint soured cream
- 14 oz can cherry pie filling
- 1 tbsp kirsch
- 4 oz plain flour All purpose
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten
- 8 floz milk or half milk and half water
- oil for frying
- Make the pancakes.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg.
- Stir in half the milk (or all the milk, if using a mixture of milk and water), gradually working the flour down from the sides.
- Beat vigorously until the mixture is smooth and bubbly, then stir in the rest of the milk (or the water).
- Pour into a jug. The mixture may be left to stand at this stage, in which case it should be covered and stored in the refrigerator.
- Heat a little oil in a clean 18 cm (7 inch pancake pan. Pour off any excess oil, leaving the pan covered with a thin film of grease.
- Stir the batter and pour about 30 - 45 ml (2 - 3 tbsp) into the pan. There should be just enough to thinly cover the base.
- Tilt and rotate the pan so that the batter runs over the surface evenly.
- Cook over moderate heat for about 1 minute until the pancake is set and golden brown underneath.
- Make sure the pancake is loose by shaking the pan, then either toss it or turn it with a palette knife or fish slice.
- Cook the second side for about 30 seconds or until golden.
- Slide the pancake out on to a warmed plate.
- Keep warm over simmering water while making 7 more pancakes in the same way.
- Combine the pie filling and kirsch in a saucepan.
- To serve, spread each pancake with soured cream, roll up and arrange in pairs on 4 individual plates.
- Top each portion with a spoonful of the cherry mixture.
- Serve the remaining cherry mixture separately.
Calories: 335 kcal
Carbohydrates: 53 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 5 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 62 mg
Sodium: 229 mg
Potassium: 270 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 543 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 121 mg
Iron: 2 mg