Mince and Vegetable Roll
- 1 1/2 lb minced beef
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried or 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 oz courgette zucchinis, grated
- 1 large carrot peeled and grated
- 4 oz Cheddar cheese grated
- 6 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- Mix mince, salt, pepper, thyme and egg thoroughly.
- Place mixture on a piece of cling film or foil and shape into a rectangle measuring 45x30 cm (18x12 inches).
- Saute onion in heated cooking oil until translucent. Add vegetables and fry lightly.
- Place vegetables on top of mince and sprinkle cheese over.
- Roll up meat like a Swiss roll, using the cling film or foil to assist you.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and arrange rashers of bacon on top.
- Bake at 160°C (325°F) gas 3 for 45 to 60 minutes or until meat is cooked.
Calories: 503 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 16 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 142 mg
Sodium: 747 mg
Potassium: 500 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 1991 IU
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Calcium: 174 mg
Iron: 3 mg