The perfect recipe for your Christmas Mince Pies.
- 12 oz shortcrust pastry or flaky pastry
- 1 lb mincemeat
- milk or beaten egg to glaze
- icing or caster sugar superfine granulated to dust
- Roll out the pastry to about 0.3 cm (1/8 inch) thick. Cut into about twenty rounds with a 7.5-cm (3-inch) fluted cutter and twenty smaller rounds with a 6.5-cm (2 1/2-inch) fluted cutter.
- Line 6.5-cm (2 1/2-inch) patty tins with the larger rounds and fill with mincemeat.
- Dampen the edges of the small rounds and place firmly in position on top of the pies. Make a small slit in the top of each pie.
- Bake in the oven at 220°C (425°F) mark 7 for 15 - 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold, dusted with sugar.
Calories: 149 kcal
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 261 mg
Potassium: 16 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 19 g
Calcium: 2 mg
Iron: 1 mg