Marinated Trout with Chervil and Green Peppercorn Dressing
- 1 lb plump fillets very fresh rainbow trout
- 1 bunch dill chopped
- 8 tablespoons walnut oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- fresh coarsely ground black pepper
for the dressing
- 4 tablespoons fromage blanc
- 1 tablespoon single cream
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorns soaked for 1 minute in boiling water
- 1 tablespoon chervil finely chopped
- Reserved sprigs of dill endive leaves and thinly sliced wholemeal bread
- Wash the fillets and pat them dry.
- Place them in a shallow glass or china dish and cover with the dill (remember to reserve four sprigs for garnish) and walnut oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, sea salt and shake of coarsely ground black pepper.
- Cover and leave in a cool place for at least 12 hours, turning the fillets occasionally.
- To prepare the dressing, use a balloon whisk to whip together the fromage blanc and single cream, then fork in the chervil and drained green peppercorns.
- Lift the trout fillets from the marinade and scrape off all the salt and ground black peppercorns.
- Use a very sharp knife to slice paper thin slices of fillet on the bias, and arrange these on 4 plates with a spoonful of dressing placed to the side of the fish.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining lemon juice, garnish with the reserved dill and 1 or 2 leaves of endive and serve with the dressing and slices of wholemeal bread.
Calories: 470 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 26 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Cholesterol: 140 mg
Sodium: 1903 mg
Potassium: 618 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 461 IU
Vitamin C: 15 mg
Calcium: 67 mg
Iron: 1 mg