Thai Style Rice
Thai-style rice is a rice dish made with jasmine or basmati rice, which is slightly sticky and aromatic. This recipe will be your favorite take-out dish at home.
- 6 oz jasmine Thai rice
- 3 1/3 floz 88% fat free coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh red chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
- 3 1/2 oz canned pineapple drained and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Place the rice, coconut milk, salt, chilli and 300 ml (10 fl oz) water in a large saucepan. Stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 10 -12 minutes until the rice is tender - stir the rice from time to time to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pineapple and fresh coriander Serve at once.
Calories: 446 kcal
Carbohydrates: 79 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 595 mg
Potassium: 342 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 266 IU
Vitamin C: 38 mg
Calcium: 44 mg
Iron: 3 mg