Leek and Courgette Tortilla
Serve with a mixed salad, avocado and sour cream. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
- 10 1/2 oz Maris Piper potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz butter
- 1 lb leeks trimmed and thinly sliced
- 10 1/2 oz courgette's wiped and thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 oz frozen peas
- 1 oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 6 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 3/4 floz milk
- 7 oz Greek feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil and butter in a 23 cm round, non-stick frying pan, and gently fry the leeks and courgette's for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender
- Place the peas in a bowl and pour boiling water over, leave to stand for 5 minutes then drain and toss into the pan with the leeks, courgette's and cooked potatoes. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, seasoning and milk Add the cooked vegetables, feta and chives and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until the edges of the egg are beginning to set
- Place under a medium grill for 3 to 4 minutes until the top sets and is golden. Allow to rest in the pan for at least 10 minutes then, using a spatula, carefully transfer to a serving plate and cut into thick wedges.
Calories: 371 kcal
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Protein: 16 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 207 mg
Sodium: 537 mg
Potassium: 655 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 2101 IU
Vitamin C: 35 mg
Calcium: 299 mg
Iron: 4 mg