Layered Turkey and Broccoli Loaf
- 2 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 1 oz butter
- 1 lb turkey meat minced
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 3 oz fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- 4 tablespoons fresh double cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried tarragon
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz broccoli spears lightly cooked
- Lightly fry mushrooms in 15 g (1/2 oz) butter, then place them in an overlapping line down centre of well greased 900 g (2 lb) loaf tin.
- Mix turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, eggs, cream, tarragon, lemon rind and seasoning together in a bowl.
- Put half of the mixture into the base of the loaf tin. Lay the broccoli spears on top, then spread over the remaining turkey mixture. Cover with aluminium foil, then place in a roasting pan half filled with water. Bake at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for 1 1/2 hours.
- When cooked, turn on to a plate and serve with vegetables and a tomato sauce.
Calories: 358 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 33 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 194 mg
Sodium: 347 mg
Potassium: 529 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 744 IU
Vitamin C: 46 mg
Calcium: 66 mg
Iron: 3 mg