Last Minute Vegetable Casserole
This is the perfect last minute dish. It can be made with ingredients you can always keep to hand.
- 2 cans mushroom soup or 1 can condensed soup with an equal measure of water
- 2 tbsps cornflour dissolved in 4 tbsps double cream
- 10 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 packet crisp-fried onions
- Mix the soup with the cornflour and double cream. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally after 1 minute until thickened.
- Break up the mixed vegetables to separate and add frozen to the sauce. Add the nutmeg and parsley and stir well.
- Pour into a casserole or serving dish and microwave on HIGH for 5 - 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle on the crisp-fried onions and heat for 30 seconds on HIGH. Serve immediately
Calories: 132 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 5 mg
Sodium: 744 mg
Potassium: 318 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 3684 IU
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 29 mg
Iron: 2 mg