Cajun potato skins
Baked potatoes with aromatic salsa. Serve three crispy Cajun skins per person with a bowl of salsa for dipping.
- 24 oz large baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
for the salsa
- 8 oz mango diced finely
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 oz plum tomatoes skinned and chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C.
- Prick the potatoes all over and bake them for 50 minutes.
- Carefully remove them from the oven and slice them in half.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the potato flesh from the centre of each half, don't discard the flesh as you can use it for mashed potato at a later date.
- Cut each potato shell in half.
- Place the 12 potato skins in a large plastic container with a tight fitting lid and add the Cajun spice, oil and salt flakes.
- Shake the container well, so each potato skin gets a light coating.
- Arrange the potato shells on a baking sheet lined with non stick baking parchment.
- Return them to the oven for 20 minutes, until they are crunchy.
- To make the salsa, mix together the mango, red onion, lime zest and juice, olive oil, tomatoes and coriander Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve three crispy Cajun skins per person with a bowl of salsa for dipping.
Calories: 238 kcal
Carbohydrates: 46 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 597 mg
Potassium: 1035 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 12 g
Vitamin A: 1154 IU
Vitamin C: 69 mg
Calcium: 84 mg
Iron: 3 mg