Honey duck salad
This Honey Duck salad recipe is a light and refreshing side dish that is perfect for any summer gathering.
- 4 1/2 lb duck defrosted if frozen
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- salad garnish
- 2 heads chicory leaves separated
- 1 bunch watercress divided into
- small sprigs
- 2 oranges divided into segments
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon French mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas 4.
- Pat the duck dry inside and out with absorbent paper. Prick the skin all over with a fork and sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place the duck breast side up, on a rack in a roasting tin. Roast in the oven for 1 hour, then drain off the fat from the tin. Blend the honey with the hot water and brush the duck all over with the mixture.
- Return the honey duck to the oven and roast for a further 1 1/4 hours, basting 2 - 3 times to glaze and brown. Drain the duck over the tin, transfer to a plate and leave until completely cold (3-4 hours).
- Divide the duck into 4. Arrange on a serving dish. Garnish with chicory leaves, watercress sprigs and orange segments.
- Place ingredients for dressing in a screw-top jar, with salt and pepper to taste, and shake well together. Sprinkle over the salad just before serving.
Calories: 1143 kcal
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Protein: 31 g
Saturated Fat: 35 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 194 mg
Sodium: 186 mg
Potassium: 953 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 2948 IU
Vitamin C: 33 mg
Calcium: 101 mg
Iron: 7 mg