Fish Flavoured with Onion Seeds in Coconut Sauce
- 4 Fish fillets sole / plain, cut into 3 pieces each
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Onion seeds kalonji
- 4 Dry red chillies sookhi lal mirch
- 3 Garlic lasan cloves, sliced
- 1 Onion medium-sized, sliced
- 2 Tomatoes medium-sized, sliced
- 1/4 cup Coconut nariyal, grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Coriander dhaniya powder
- 6 floz Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon nimbu juice
- 1 tbsp Green coriander hara dhaniya, chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok (kadhai); reduce heat and add onion seeds, dry red chillies, garlic, and onion. Stir-fry for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, coconut, salt, and coriander powder.
- Add the fish pieces to the mixture and turn gently to cook evenly. Simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the water, lemon juice, and green coriander. Cook further for 3 - 5 minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Remove to a serving dish and serve hot.
Calories: 657 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 100 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 348 mg
Sodium: 266 mg
Potassium: 2390 mg
Fiber: 33 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 934 IU
Vitamin C: 56 mg
Calcium: 104 mg
Iron: 3 mg