Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 tbsp custard powder
- 8 1/2 floz milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar superfine granulated
- 8 floz double cream heavy cream
- 2 tbsp strong black coffee
- Blend the custard powder with a little of the milk.
- Heat the remaining milk to boiling point and pour on to the blended mixture.
- Return to the pan and simmer, stirring all the time, until the mixture thickens.
- Add 50 g of the sugar
- Whip the cream until semi-stiff. Add the hot custard, the coffee and rest of the sugar, and mix well.
- Turn into a suitable container.
- Chill until thoroughly cold, cover closely and half freeze
- Beat the mixture well. Re-freeze until firm; label and store.
- Ice creams made with an electric ice cream maker are prepared somewhat differently, and the manufacturer's directions should be followed.
Calories: 236 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 65 mg
Sodium: 40 mg
Potassium: 99 mg
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 653 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 79 mg
Iron: 1 mg