Mincemeat Open Tart
- 1 recipe Wholewheat Shortcrust Pastry
- 6 tbsp mincemeat
- 8 glace cherries
- Make the pastry and allow to rest in the refrigerator before using.
- Roll it out about 0.75cm (1/8 in) thick to fint a 20 cm ( 8 in) ovenproof plate.
- Lift the pastry on to the plate and press into the sides. Do not stretch. Trim leftover pastry with a sharp knife, cutting at an angle of 45° away from the edge of the plate. If you cut edges angled into the plate, the edge will shrink.
- Cut diagonally across the edge of the plate every 2.5cm (1 in) . Fold the pastry back to form a triangle. Remove folded pastry.
- Roll remaining pastry to make six even strips.
- Spoon in the mincemeat and twist the pastry strips across the tart decoratively. Decorate each square with a halved glace cherry and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot with cream or custard.
Calories: 327 kcal
Carbohydrates: 66 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 509 mg
Potassium: 52 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 24 g
Calcium: 8 mg
Iron: 2 mg