Broad Bean and Cauliflower Curry
This curry recipe is perfect for vegetarians or vegans who are looking for delicious, healthy food. It packs a punch of flavor with broad beans, cauliflower, and curry powder.
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 in cube fresh root ginger
- 1 fresh green chilli seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 large potato chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee or softened butter
- 1 tbsp curry powder mild or hot
- 1 cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 pint stock
- 2 tbsp creamed coconut
- 10 oz can broad beans and liquor juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
- fresh coriander chopped, to garnish
- Blend the garlic, ginger, chilli and oil in a food processor or blender until they form a smooth paste.
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion and potato in the ghee or butter or 5 minutes, then stir in the spice paste and curry powder. Cook for minute.
- Add the cauliflower florets and stir well into the spicy mixture, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and mix in the creamed coconut, stirring until it melts.
- Season well, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the beans and their liquor and cook, uncovered, for a further 10 minutes.
- Check the seasoning and add a good squeeze of lemon juice, if liked. Serve hot, garnished with the chopped coriander.
Calories: 333 kcal
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 936 mg
Potassium: 981 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 451 IU
Vitamin C: 85 mg
Calcium: 78 mg
Iron: 3 mg